Hello
I'd like to conform to instructions on http://play.golang.org/ [About]
about using the service on my site, so I'm asking what to set as unique
user agent.
The site is http://go-traps.appspot.com/

Please be assured the site is in no way a troll or a lampoon. It's intended
as a didactic way to know the CommonMistakes
<https://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/CommonMistakes> and recognize them
in go code.

Also, what is the effective way to have my javascript call the /compile
service without stumbling on same-origin-policy failures? I currently use
a custom proxy
<https://github.com/Ripounet/gotraps/blob/master/src/gotraps/proxy.go> to
achieve this.

Best regards
Val

  • Andrew Gerrand at Aug 26, 2014 at 6:07 am

    about using the service on my site, so I'm asking what to set as unique
    user agent.
    The site is http://go-traps.appspot.com/

    Please be assured the site is in no way a troll or a lampoon. It's
    intended as a didactic way to know the CommonMistakes
    <https://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/wiki/CommonMistakes> and recognize
    them in go code.
    Please include a unique User-Agent in your requests to golang.org/compile
    and you're good to go.

    Also, what is the effective way to have my javascript call the /compile
    service without stumbling on same-origin-policy failures? I currently use
    a custom proxy
    <https://github.com/Ripounet/gotraps/blob/master/src/gotraps/proxy.go> to
    achieve this.
    A proxy is the way to do it.

    Andrew

  • Valentin Deleplace at Aug 26, 2014 at 7:54 am
    Great, than you Andrew