The following panic was observed by two independent developers [1],
both on 32bit Linux VMS, while 64bit VMs seem to work fine. This was
on Go 1.2.1, and I asked whether it still happens on tip:

   runtime: newstack called from g=0x93be5140
   m=0x93bf3000 m->curg=0x0 m->g0=0x93be51e0 m->gsignal=0x93be5140
   fatal error: runtime: wrong goroutine in newstack

From the full traceback [2], this is happening during a call where Go
calls C calls Go, right at the entrance back into Go.

Would anyone have a clue, before I try to setup an environment to dig
further into it?

[1] https://github.com/go-qml/qml/issues/43
[2] https://gist.github.com/tummychow/9046195

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net

--

---

  • Russ Cox at Apr 3, 2014 at 8:27 pm
    this sounds like qml overwriting our signal handler setup. in particular it
    seems to have removed our sigaltstack setting or cleared SA_ONSTACK in the
    handler.

    --

    ---
  • Gustavo Niemeyer at Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 pm