FAQ
Any more reviews? Can I submit now?

Alex

https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Bradfitz at May 15, 2013 at 3:20 am
    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/diff/33001/src/pkg/syscall/security_windows.go
    File src/pkg/syscall/security_windows.go (right):

    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/diff/33001/src/pkg/syscall/security_windows.go#newcode62
    src/pkg/syscall/security_windows.go:62: // do not reorder
    If these are constants defined elsewhere (i.e. in Windows header files),
    then iota is the wrong mechanism. You should instead say = 0, = 1, = 2,
    = 3.

    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/

    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Brad Fitzpatrick at May 15, 2013 at 3:21 am
    Submit away once you're happy with it. I left one comment, which you can
    fix later in a subsequent commit if you'd like.


    On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM, wrote:

    Any more reviews? Can I submit now?

    Alex

    https://codereview.appspot.**com/8541047/<https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/>
    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Alex Brainman at May 15, 2013 at 3:25 am
    *** Submitted as
    https://code.google.com/p/go/source/detail?r=2cf178b97603 ***

    os/user: faster user lookup on Windows

    Trying to lookup user's display name with directory services can
    take several seconds when user's computer is not in a domain.
    As a workaround, check if computer is joined in a domain first,
    and don't use directory services if it is not.
    Additionally, don't leak tokens in user.Current().
    Fixes issue 5298.

    R=golang-dev, bradfitz, alex.brainman, lucio.dere
    CC=golang-dev
    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047

    Committer: Alex Brainman <alex.brainman@gmail.com>


    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/

    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Alex Brainman at May 15, 2013 at 3:29 am

    On 2013/05/15 03:20:56, bradfitz wrote:
    If these are constants defined elsewhere (i.e. in Windows header
    files), then
    iota is the wrong mechanism. You should instead say = 0, = 1, = 2, =
    3.

    We have a few of them

    syscall # grep iota *.go
    security_windows.go: NetSetupUnknownStatus = iota
    security_windows.go: SidTypeUser = 1 + iota
    security_windows.go: TOKEN_ASSIGN_PRIMARY = 1 << iota
    security_windows.go: TokenUser = 1 + iota
    zerrors_windows.go: E2BIG Errno = APPLICATION_ERROR + iota
    ztypes_windows.go: FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_FILE_NAME = 1 << iota
    ztypes_windows.go: FILE_ACTION_ADDED = iota + 1
    ztypes_windows.go: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = 0x80000000 + iota
    ztypes_windows.go: REG_NONE = iota

    I like to leave them as they are. We have comments to warn future users.

    But if you insist that it is wrong, I will change them all.

    Alex

    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/

    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Brad Fitzpatrick at May 15, 2013 at 3:36 am
    I would slightly prefer they all be changed.

    To me (and I think to others?), "iota" generally means "I want some unique
    numbers, but I don't really care what they are".

    But I don't care enough, unless somebody else agrees.



    On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM, wrote:
    On 2013/05/15 03:20:56, bradfitz wrote:

    If these are constants defined elsewhere (i.e. in Windows header
    files), then
    iota is the wrong mechanism. You should instead say = 0, = 1, = 2, =
    3.

    We have a few of them

    syscall # grep iota *.go
    security_windows.go: NetSetupUnknownStatus = iota
    security_windows.go: SidTypeUser = 1 + iota
    security_windows.go: TOKEN_ASSIGN_PRIMARY = 1 << iota
    security_windows.go: TokenUser = 1 + iota
    zerrors_windows.go: E2BIG Errno = APPLICATION_ERROR + iota
    ztypes_windows.go: FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_FILE_NAME = 1 << iota
    ztypes_windows.go: FILE_ACTION_ADDED = iota + 1
    ztypes_windows.go: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = 0x80000000 + iota
    ztypes_windows.go: REG_NONE = iota

    I like to leave them as they are. We have comments to warn future users.

    But if you insist that it is wrong, I will change them all.

    Alex

    https://codereview.appspot.**com/8541047/<https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/>
    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Alex Brainman at May 15, 2013 at 3:40 am

    On 2013/05/15 03:36:09, bradfitz wrote:

    To me (and I think to others?), "iota" generally means "I want some unique
    numbers, but I don't really care what they are".

    I disagree. If "iota" means "... I don't really care what they are", why
    does Go allows "1 + iota" and "1 << iota" and such?

    Alex

    https://codereview.appspot.com/8541047/

    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Brad Fitzpatrick at May 15, 2013 at 3:42 am

    On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM, wrote:

    On 2013/05/15 03:36:09, bradfitz wrote:

    To me (and I think to others?), "iota" generally means "I want some
      unique
    numbers, but I don't really care what they are".

    I disagree. If "iota" means "... I don't really care what they are", why
    does Go allows "1 + iota" and "1 << iota" and such?
    I disagree but I would prefer this thread end and the code remain unchanged.

    --

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golang-dev" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to golang-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupgolang-dev @
categoriesgo
postedMay 15, '13 at 2:57a
activeMay 15, '13 at 3:42a
posts8
users2
websitegolang.org

2 users in discussion

Brad Fitzpatrick: 4 posts Alex Brainman: 4 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase