We were pretty much already there, but just to make it official: we're now
in the Go 1.1 design freeze, meaning that new features or changes requested
after today will be postponed to after Go 1.1. I also changed the default
label for newly created issues to Go1.1Maybe.

This isn't an implementation freeze: there's plenty left in the issue
tracker that we have left to do. As of right now there are 215 open Go 1.1
issues. (The page at http://swtch.com/~rsc/go11.html is stalled right now
but should be updating again in about 24 hours.)

Russ

--

---

  • Minux at Mar 6, 2013 at 10:10 am

    We were pretty much already there, but just to make it official: we're now
    in the Go 1.1 design freeze, meaning that new features or changes requested
    after today will be postponed to after Go 1.1. I also changed the default
    label for newly created issues to Go1.1Maybe.
    it seems the default label changes to Go1.1 somehow?
    this newly created issue is labeled Go1.1:
    https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=4988

    --

    ---
  • Russ Cox at Mar 6, 2013 at 4:36 pm