We've setup logging on the IRC channel, here: https://botbot.me/5/log/

I've mentioned it a few times in the channel and have gotten positive
conversations I've missed.

We'd like to advertise the service (and logs) more widely, and invite other
public channels to use it. Before spreading the word, I'd like to check
with a channel operator if it's OK to log the channel and make it available
like this. Andrew? Ian?

Thanks in advance,
Graham

PS: The connection handling part of botbot is, of course, in Go

Search Discussions

  • Graham King at Nov 16, 2012 at 3:10 am
    There's earlier logs (2009-2011) here: http://go-lang.cat-v.org/irc-logs/

    Could the topic be changed to note that the channel is logged?
    I've mentioned it a few times in the channel and have gotten positive
    conversations I've missed.

    We'd like to advertise the service (and logs) more widely, and invite
    other public channels to use it. Before spreading the word, I'd like to
    check with a channel operator if it's OK to log the channel and make it
    available like this. Andrew? Ian?

    Thanks in advance,
    Graham

    PS: The connection handling part of botbot is, of course, in Go
  • Ian Lance Taylor at Nov 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm

    Could the topic be changed to note that the channel is logged?
    Done.

    Ian
  • Mikio Hara at Nov 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm

    Thanks. I enjoyed and noticed a bug of go.net/proxy.
  • Ian Lance Taylor at Nov 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm

    I've mentioned it a few times in the channel and have gotten positive
    conversations I've missed.

    We'd like to advertise the service (and logs) more widely, and invite other
    public channels to use it. Before spreading the word, I'd like to check with
    a channel operator if it's OK to log the channel and make it available like
    this. Andrew? Ian?
    I think this is fine.

    Thanks.

    Ian