On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
We should have builders for all the cats.
I don't want to end up with the Chromium waterfall board where there
are so many columns each one is a pixel or two, all for tiny machine
variants. We've done okay with just having a decently recent Mac in
the list. We don't have Ubuntu and Debian and RedHat and so on either.

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Gerrand at Sep 4, 2012 at 1:32 am

    We should have builders for all the cats.
    I don't want to end up with the Chromium waterfall board where there
    are so many columns each one is a pixel or two, all for tiny machine
    variants. We've done okay with just having a decently recent Mac in
    the list. We don't have Ubuntu and Debian and RedHat and so on either.
    To be fair, OS X seems to be less stable (in their dev tool chain, at
    least) than the Linuxes.

    I don't know that "all the cats" are necessary, but it would be good
    to have mountain lion and snow leopard represented. (Snow Leopard is
    the last one to support 32-bit processors.)
  • Brad Fitzpatrick at Sep 4, 2012 at 2:09 am
    At least let's not yet upgrade any old cat yet. It's harder to find or
    build an old OS X.

    If builder UI noise is the problem, that's fixable. If email spam is the
    problem, that's fixable.
    We should have builders for all the cats.
    I don't want to end up with the Chromium waterfall board where there
    are so many columns each one is a pixel or two, all for tiny machine
    variants. We've done okay with just having a decently recent Mac in
    the list. We don't have Ubuntu and Debian and RedHat and so on either.
    To be fair, OS X seems to be less stable (in their dev tool chain, at
    least) than the Linuxes.

    I don't know that "all the cats" are necessary, but it would be good
    to have mountain lion and snow leopard represented. (Snow Leopard is
    the last one to support 32-bit processors.)
  • Dave Cheney at Sep 4, 2012 at 2:18 am
    I can offer a SNL 32bit only builder.
    At least let's not yet upgrade any old cat yet. It's harder to find or build an old OS X.

    If builder UI noise is the problem, that's fixable. If email spam is the problem, that's fixable.
    We should have builders for all the cats.
    I don't want to end up with the Chromium waterfall board where there
    are so many columns each one is a pixel or two, all for tiny machine
    variants. We've done okay with just having a decently recent Mac in
    the list. We don't have Ubuntu and Debian and RedHat and so on either.
    To be fair, OS X seems to be less stable (in their dev tool chain, at
    least) than the Linuxes.

    I don't know that "all the cats" are necessary, but it would be good
    to have mountain lion and snow leopard represented. (Snow Leopard is
    the last one to support 32-bit processors.)

groupgolang-dev @
categoriesgo
postedAug 31, '12 at 5:16p
activeSep 4, '12 at 2:18a