Hi All,

I'm considering of using cloud storage only, with angularJS and Firebase
for websites. I did some testing with angularfire, which works great for
single pages or small apps. But I'm thinking to extend it, what if I want
to add a portfolio, blog posts, add pages etcetera?
And how am I going to organize the Firebase structure?

Any ideas, demo's or examples are welcome.

Regards,
Peter

  • Jacob Wenger at Oct 30, 2015 at 7:10 pm
    Hey Peter,

    You should check out our docs on Understanding Data
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/guide/understanding-data.html> and
    Structuring
    Data <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/guide/structuring-data.html>. If
    you have specific questions, please provide the kind of data you are
    storing and what data structure(s) you have already considered.

    Cheers,
    Jacob
    I'm considering of using cloud storage only, with angularJS and Firebase
    for websites. I did some testing with angularfire, which works great for
    single pages or small apps. But I'm thinking to extend it, what if I want
    to add a portfolio, blog posts, add pages etcetera?
    And how am I going to organize the Firebase structure?

    Any ideas, demo's or examples are welcome.

    Regards,
    Peter

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/6097bcdc-df4c-43b0-bdbb-f45989771dd9%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/6097bcdc-df4c-43b0-bdbb-f45989771dd9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Peter Driessen at Nov 5, 2015 at 7:58 pm
    Hi Jacob,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm basically thinking about the fundamental
    architecture of the system...

    Thinks I'm considering before I want to create small business websites with
    angularfire...

    *Static website*
    A static website (only plain html) is at the moment my favorite. I can
    upload it to a Cloud / CDN and it just works like a charm. And google can
    crawl it without any problems.

    *AngularJS*
    Most small business websites that I know aren't very dynamic. We can be
    happy if the small business owner updates their content once a month. It
    would feel strange to load the data from firebase at every visit, while the
    data hardly changes.
    I nice solution can be AngularJS using static html files (header.html,
    home.html, footer.html) to model a webpage. I can create some small webpage
    where the business owner can change a part and then upload it to the CDN
    again.

    But with AngularJS, SEO becomes a bit of a problem.... I don't want to use
    servers, or prerender.io...

    *AngularFire*
    AngularFire would be ideal to extend the possibilities of AngularJS when
    business owners have dynamic data that can change a lot.

    Regards, Peter