I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish the following:

After a transaction completes, I would like to grab the children of all
nodes with an associated UID, and then send those records in a confirmation
email (i.e. send a standard order confirmation). For example, if there is
an /items node and a /contacts node, I'd like to grab the contact
information for the UID as well as the associated items for that UID.

Is something that should be done with Firebase Queue? Or is it better to
just grab the data on the client side and then send to the node.js server
for the email processing?

Thanks,

Ken

  • Kato Richardson at Sep 30, 2015 at 11:34 pm
    Hi Ken!

    Generally speaking, you'll want to integrate with your SMTP service from a
    privileged worker (a server of some sort) rather than the clients. This is
    primarily so you aren't broadcasting your API credentials to the world.

    But for Firebase's part, it doesn't matter who does the lookup to fetch the
    data. The bandwidth/time/etc are pretty much the same whether looked up via
    server or client. You also don't need to worry much about making multiple
    calls for data. The bytes being transferred over the internet vastly
    eclipse any overhead incurred by making multiple requests, since we work
    over socket connections, and tend to make that overhead superfluous.

    ☼, Kato

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/1c86b326-3c21-4d0d-8aaa-e72c87a9b948%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/1c86b326-3c21-4d0d-8aaa-e72c87a9b948%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .