Hi everyone,

Im new at AngularJS and Firebase, I'm creating my new app with these
technologies and I'm really enjoying the process, learning and creating at
the same time. Anyways, let's go to my problem.

I have a simple form with some fields such as: Name, Category, Latitude,
Longitude, Username, Email and Password. When I filled up with all this
information and click on "Register" the data is saved into my firebase DB
and then it redirects you to the home page where you supposed to enter your
Email and Password to login.

So my problem is that I dont know how to retrieve the data to be able to
login, I think I am storing the data in a different way as it should be. If
anyone there can give me a clue on how to solve this, I would really
appreciate it.

You can check the app in http://milocal.cl/#/registrar

Thanks in advanced,
Daniel

PS: If anyone there feels interested about what I am creating and want to
collaborate, you are more than welcome board!!!

  • Kato Richardson at Sep 14, 2015 at 2:51 pm
    Hi Daniel,

    Please check out our guide on authenticating
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/guide/user-auth.html>, which includes
    details about the auth process and storing profile data.

    The gist is, you create users in the Firebase Auth system to store the
    email/password login info, but keep the rest of the profile in your
    database as you have already.

    ☼, Kato
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d2f9b937-2016-41b8-9ac9-dec5b892b6b9%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d2f9b937-2016-41b8-9ac9-dec5b892b6b9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Daniel Sánchez at Sep 14, 2015 at 3:38 pm
    Hi Michael,

    Thanks for answering. I already did what you said, read the docs and tried
    to understand but I can't.

  • Jacob Wenger at Sep 17, 2015 at 8:32 pm
    Hi Daniel,

    In order to help you out, we will need an mvce
    <http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve> with a less broad question. Maybe you
    can explain what you are currently doing and what problem exactly you are
    having.

    Typically, to log an email / password user in, you would use
    authWithPassword()
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/api/firebase/authwithpassword.html> (if
    you are using the regular Firebase SDK) or $authWithPassword()
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/libraries/angular/api.html#angularfire-users-and-authentication-authwithpasswordcredentials-options>
    (if you are using AngularFire).

    Cheers,
    Jacob