I have found pieces in the docs about angular fire and about offline mode
and about ionic, but I can't tell if everything is integrated with these
techs or if it is waiting for a new version of angularfire or ionic to get
it all integrated.

We don't have any implementation yet, but are working on architecting our
software.

We need a mobile app in Ionic that has complete offline mode with
synchronization, we believe firebase would be the right choice.

Is there any secret to getting Ionic to work with Firebase for the new
offline mode, are we waiting for the next release of angular fire or is all
ready to go?

Also I will have server side code that interacts with the firebase data to
perform tasks and update the data, these seems to be pretty accessible.
  Should this server be external to firebase or is there a way to do it on
the server?

Thank you!

  • Kato Richardson at Jun 24, 2015 at 11:45 pm
    Firebase will survive temporary loss of internet connectivity without
    any noticeable change to your code or client. However, full offline
    persistence is only available for iOS and Android. We're working on a
    version for the web client; no release date specified.

      Should this server be external to firebase or is there a way to do it on
    the server?

    Not really sure what that means. If this is referring to our static asset
    hosting, it's entirely for assets that can be delivered via CDN--we don't
    offer server-side processes and scripts yet.

    Cheers,
    Kato

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/c3346576-97cf-4d6e-8fb8-b5ce47b5f3f6%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/c3346576-97cf-4d6e-8fb8-b5ce47b5f3f6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>