Currently i have installed Firebase 2.1.x version and AngularFire 0.8.0 due
to this so much warning comes in my browser console. I wanted to know due
to this is there any speed problem can be in my web app. and i wanted to
know now i wanted to switch to new angularFire version 1.1.1 and i have
large set of code is it feasible to do this ??

i am facing some speed problem please reply me what things i should do???

Here is the link of my app :

*https://manishmma.herokuapp.com/#/main
<https://manishmma.herokuapp.com/#/main>*

  • Jacob Wenger at May 15, 2015 at 6:18 pm
    Hey Manish,

    I do see that you are using Firebase 2.2.4 and AngularFire 0.8.0. The
    reason you are getting all those warnings is because AngularFire 0.8.0 is
    old and uses some methods which were deprecated in Firebase 2.x.x. There is
    not performance issues with what you are doing, but you will get a lot of
    warnings in the error console. These are harmless and are really just
    notifications that you should upgraded AngularFire.

    There are not a ton of changes from AngularFire 0.8.0 to 1.1.1, so
    upgrading should not be a terrible burden. You can see our migration guide
    for upgrading to 1.0.0 here
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/libraries/angular/migration-guides.html>.
    And then upgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.0.0 is easy since there are no breaking
    changes between those releases.

    Jacob
    Currently i have installed Firebase 2.1.x version and AngularFire 0.8.0
    due to this so much warning comes in my browser console. I wanted to know
    due to this is there any speed problem can be in my web app. and i wanted
    to know now i wanted to switch to new angularFire version 1.1.1 and i have
    large set of code is it feasible to do this ??

    i am facing some speed problem please reply me what things i should do???

    Here is the link of my app :

    *https://manishmma.herokuapp.com/#/main
    <https://manishmma.herokuapp.com/#/main>*

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/16acd3d2-471e-4d52-a838-f710268dc702%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/16acd3d2-471e-4d52-a838-f710268dc702%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Manish Singh at May 16, 2015 at 8:48 am
    Thankyou Jacob,
         For clearing the doubts.

         Actually i have maded my web app with help of thinkster tutorial
         https://thinkster.io/learn-to-build-realtime-webapps/
    <https://thinkster.io/learn-to-build-realtime-webapps/>

         which uses angularFire0.8.0 version and i have coded everywhere
    according to the tutorial. and after upgrading to the angularfire 1.1.1
    version getting so many errors but solved many of them but not
    getting the data after login which in the older version i did like that
    below:

         $rootScope.$on('$firebaseSimpleLogin:login', function(e, user) {
        /* console.log('logged in');*/
         angular.copy(user, Auth.user);
         Auth.user.profile =
    $firebase(ref.child('profileForStudents').child(Auth.user.uid)).$asObject();
         Auth.user.accept =
    $firebase(ref.child('profileForStudents').child(Auth.user.uid).child('acceptedInvites')).$asObject();
         var currentUser = auth.$getCurrentUser();
         Auth.user.sessions = $firebase(new Firebase(FIREBASE_URL +
    'profileForStudents/' + currentUser.$$state.value.uid + '/sessions' +
    '/')).$asObject();
       });

       $rootScope.$on('$firebaseSimpleLogin:logout', function() {
        /* console.log('logged out');*/
         if(Auth.user && Auth.user.profile) {
           Auth.user.profile.$destroy();
         }
         angular.copy({}, Auth.user);
       });
       return Auth;

    Please help what changes i need to do in the above code to for getting the
    data.

  • Jacob Wenger at May 19, 2015 at 4:59 pm
    Hey Manish,

    I'm glad you are mostly upgraded! That is great to hear.

    We no longer fire $rootScope events for changes to authentication state.
    You can now use the $firebaseAuth.$onAuth() method to do this. You can read
    more about this in the authentication section of our AngularFire guide
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/libraries/angular/guide/user-auth.html#section-auth-state>.
    It includes a live code example which you can play with.

    Also, check out the migration guide
    <https://www.firebase.com/docs/web/libraries/angular/migration-guides.html>
    for examples how to replace $asObject() and $asArray().

    Jacob
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d2a4d309-6f28-490c-8958-18af6c67a3e5%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d2a4d309-6f28-490c-8958-18af6c67a3e5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .

  • Manish Singh at May 21, 2015 at 5:16 am
    Hi jacob,

    Thanks for looking this and i did in the same way as you are suggesting.

    On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Manish Singh <manis...@gmail.com
[...]

    <javascript:>.