Hello,

In my firebase a user has a list of clients and some account settings.

When a user logs in my website i want to get those data from firebase and
have it available the entire time the user is logged in.

Currently my site consist of an overview page of all clients and a details
page for eacht client and i get the data on each page from firebase.
All pages have their own controller.

I have tried using a service but that didn't work very well. It is possible
i haven't done this correctly.

Does anyone know a way to get the data from firebase and have it available
for the entire time a user is logged in?

  • Kato Richardson at May 4, 2015 at 4:36 pm
    Andre,

    Assuming that you are using a single page app, and not refreshing the page
    between views, a service is the correct answer here. There's not enough
    details about your setup and no code here, so it's going to be impossible
    to offer any suggestions on what you might be doing wrong. See creating an
    mcve <http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve>.

    Cheers,
    Kato

    In my firebase a user has a list of clients and some account settings.

    When a user logs in my website i want to get those data from firebase and
    have it available the entire time the user is logged in.

    Currently my site consist of an overview page of all clients and a details
    page for eacht client and i get the data on each page from firebase.
    All pages have their own controller.

    I have tried using a service but that didn't work very well. It is
    possible i haven't done this correctly.

    Does anyone know a way to get the data from firebase and have it available
    for the entire time a user is logged in?

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/7dc68e00-725f-4f01-be79-39d98115d1cf%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/7dc68e00-725f-4f01-be79-39d98115d1cf%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Andre Kool at May 6, 2015 at 11:10 am
    Thanks for the answer,

    I actually fixed it using the thinkster tutorial and next time i will
    provide more info :)

    Can you maybe explain what the problem would be with refreshing the page
    between views?

    On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:47 AM, Andre Kool <andre...@gmail.com
    In my firebase a user has a list of clients and some account settings.

    When a user logs in my website i want to get those data from firebase and
    have it available the entire time the user is logged in.

    Currently my site consist of an overview page of all clients and a
    details page for eacht client and i get the data on each page from firebase.
    All pages have their own controller.

    I have tried using a service but that didn't work very well. It is
    possible i haven't done this correctly.

    Does anyone know a way to get the data from firebase and have it
    available for the entire time a user is logged in?

    <javascript:>.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/7dc68e00-725f-4f01-be79-39d98115d1cf%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/7dc68e00-725f-4f01-be79-39d98115d1cf%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Kato Richardson at May 6, 2015 at 2:17 pm
    Refreshing the page between views will purge anything stored in memory,
    including all JavaScript variables. Thus, your services couldn't cache data
    locally in memory (where Firebase keeps its local cache).

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/6edab0bf-5526-41b1-bbbe-ed6f675a7178%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/6edab0bf-5526-41b1-bbbe-ed6f675a7178%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .