There is an article for accomplishing firebase/ionic/facebook login
here: https://www.firebase.com/blog/2014-07-25-ionic-simple-login.html

However, it is a bit old (of course simple login is deprecated so I'm not
using that) and I'm running into some issues getting this to work within
Simulator (the popup comes up blank and never resolves). Nonetheless, I'm
wondering if there is now a better approach than using popup authentication
for ionic anyways. Does anyone have any resources they could share or
advice in terms of handling login using firebase/ionic/facebook? The above
article was great in terms of detail, but as its out of date techniques may
have evolved a bit since then.

Thanks

  • Jacob Wenger at Mar 20, 2015 at 7:09 am
    Hey Rocky,

    While my post is a bit out of date, the general gameplan is the same:

        - Make sure you are using the latest versions of all libraries (Firebase
        is at 2.2.3; AngularFire is at 1.0.0; Ionic is at v1.0.0-rc.1).
        - Make sure the InAppBrowser is installed (really, make sure it's
        installed; sometimes you run the command to install it but it actually
        doesn't install).
        - Whitelist the endpoints I mentioned in the blog post you linked to.

    Try that out and let us know if you are still having issues.

    Jacob
    There is an article for accomplishing firebase/ionic/facebook login here:
    https://www.firebase.com/blog/2014-07-25-ionic-simple-login.html

    However, it is a bit old (of course simple login is deprecated so I'm not
    using that) and I'm running into some issues getting this to work within
    Simulator (the popup comes up blank and never resolves). Nonetheless, I'm
    wondering if there is now a better approach than using popup authentication
    for ionic anyways. Does anyone have any resources they could share or
    advice in terms of handling login using firebase/ionic/facebook? The above
    article was great in terms of detail, but as its out of date techniques may
    have evolved a bit since then.

    Thanks

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/f4784814-b53c-4fd4-8de4-301ffb84df6b%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/f4784814-b53c-4fd4-8de4-301ffb84df6b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Huang Zhu at Mar 24, 2015 at 5:56 pm
    Hi Jacob,

    Thanks for the reply.

    Do you have any ideas about how to whitelist the endpoints for an ionic app
    on android platform?

    In this post, you have talked about how to do that on ios but not android.

    Thanks,

    Jude

    On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Rocky Romano <rocky....@door3.com
    There is an article for accomplishing firebase/ionic/facebook login here:
    https://www.firebase.com/blog/2014-07-25-ionic-simple-login.html

    However, it is a bit old (of course simple login is deprecated so I'm not
    using that) and I'm running into some issues getting this to work within
    Simulator (the popup comes up blank and never resolves). Nonetheless, I'm
    wondering if there is now a better approach than using popup authentication
    for ionic anyways. Does anyone have any resources they could share or
    advice in terms of handling login using firebase/ionic/facebook? The above
    article was great in terms of detail, but as its out of date techniques may
    have evolved a bit since then.

    Thanks

    <javascript:>.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/f4784814-b53c-4fd4-8de4-301ffb84df6b%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/f4784814-b53c-4fd4-8de4-301ffb84df6b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Jacob Wenger at Mar 26, 2015 at 7:11 pm
    Hey Huang,

    I'm not terribly familiar with using Ionic on Android, but you may want to
    try some of the things suggested in this Stack Overflow thread
    <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10795628/error-whitelist-rejection-in-phonegap>.
    Report back here if you got it working or are still having issues.

    Jacob

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/47ebdf36-fef5-4a70-a7c8-25912908c756%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/47ebdf36-fef5-4a70-a7c8-25912908c756%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .