Dear all,

I've been building AngularFire apps and I love the combo - fast, lean and
real-time syncing.

But I've been unable to find ways to integrate services like Twilio to my
app. Since I don't have a Node back-end I'm not sure how to make POST
request to Twilio API.

Twilio has a Node library but not a Javascript library. I figure I could
use $http post but how do I receive data Twilio posts back to me?

Am I treading beyond the limit of AngularFire and should I start putting on
a back-end?

Thanks!

  • Michael Wulf at Oct 28, 2014 at 12:39 am
    At this point, integration with Twilio will require you to spin up a script
    of some sort. Depending on your setup complexity, you could utilize
    anything from webscript.io (which you just call via HTTP, and it can
    contact Twilio with your private creds) to Heroku (you can get quite a bit
    of mileage out of their free tier) to a hosted service you run (not really
    necessary for a node script).

    One thing that makes this task much simpler is to utilize Firebase as the
    central API, which omits the need for a RESTful service on your service and
    instead turns it into a simple worker thread
    <https://github.com/firebase/firebase-work-queue>. This tends to make your
    workers into a few dozens lines of code and extremely practical and
    flexible (I've run a couple on my laptop and even my phone during
    migrations or releases).

    In the coming months, we'll be releasing some tools to make integrating
    with third parties quite a bit simpler. There's no official release data,
    but those features are in active development.

    Cheers,
    Kato
    I've been building AngularFire apps and I love the combo - fast, lean and
    real-time syncing.

    But I've been unable to find ways to integrate services like Twilio to my
    app. Since I don't have a Node back-end I'm not sure how to make POST
    request to Twilio API.

    Twilio has a Node library but not a Javascript library. I figure I could
    use $http post but how do I receive data Twilio posts back to me?

    Am I treading beyond the limit of AngularFire and should I start putting
    on a back-end?

    Thanks!

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/5524155b-c42a-4426-9fd5-539ea76e5bd4%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/5524155b-c42a-4426-9fd5-539ea76e5bd4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Hsin Hsiao at Oct 28, 2014 at 8:22 pm
    Thanks Kato! This is the missing link I need!

    Michael Kato Wulf於 2014年10月27日星期一UTC-4下午8時39分13秒寫道:

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Hsin Hsiao <shin...@gmail.com
    I've been building AngularFire apps and I love the combo - fast, lean and
    real-time syncing.

    But I've been unable to find ways to integrate services like Twilio to my
    app. Since I don't have a Node back-end I'm not sure how to make POST
    request to Twilio API.

    Twilio has a Node library but not a Javascript library. I figure I could
    use $http post but how do I receive data Twilio posts back to me?

    Am I treading beyond the limit of AngularFire and should I start putting
    on a back-end?

    Thanks!

    <javascript:>.