I just installed firebase-tools via npm. > firebase works, i'm on v1.1.3
but if i try to login or firebase init, i get the following:

- Please update to at least vundefined by running npm update -g
firebase-tools

I run the command with no output, I assume by the vundefined that the
version is undefined. not sure what to do from here.

  • Jacob Wenger at Oct 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm
    Hey Richard,

    Sorry you are running into issues with the Firebase CLI. We made some
    changes in the version validation late last week with version 1.1.3 and I
    think we have some weird edge case that a couple people are running into.
    We already had someone else report this and we are actively investigating
    it and looking for a fix. We will push 1.1.4 as soon as we track it down.
    In the meantime, you can revert back to 1.1.2 by running the following
    command:

    npm install -g firebase-tools@1.1.2

    That should work for you. I'll report back here once the issue is resolve
    and you can then update to 1.1.4 by doing:

    npm update -g firebase-tools

    Thanks for reporting!

    Jacob
    I just installed firebase-tools via npm. > firebase works, i'm on v1.1.3
    but if i try to login or firebase init, i get the following:

    - Please update to at least vundefined by running npm update -g
    firebase-tools

    I run the command with no output, I assume by the vundefined that the
    version is undefined. not sure what to do from here.
  • Richard Macias at Oct 26, 2014 at 8:27 pm
    Thank you Jacob, this worked like a charm.
[...]

  • Chris Raynor at Oct 26, 2014 at 9:56 pm
    Hi Richard

    This is working now in 1.1.4 <https://www.npmjs.org/package/firebase-tools>
    - it turned out to be an incorrect error message when the wrong password
    was entered. Thanks for reporting the issue and helping us solve it

    Chris
    Engineer @ Firebase