Hi all,

I deployed a site to Firebase and it works fine locally. On one page in
production there's a pop up modal (from angular bootstrap ui) that's not
working.

The error says: "unknown provider <-- a"

When I tried looking into the source, I found it very difficult to debug
because:

1) it's not from my code, most likely from bootstrap-ui.min.js

2) grunt build minified all vendor codes, so the provider was likely
renamed to "a" and I had a hard time figuring out what provider it is

3) it's working locally, so I don't know where to begin fixing it

By the way, another bootstrap ui function works fine locally or in
production (Datepicker), so it adds more to the mystery why modal won't
work in production ...

Thanks! I know it's an abstract question. Any thought is appreciated!

Hsin

  • Michael Wulf at Sep 18, 2014 at 3:45 pm
    Hsin,

    This happens when something is minified and the name of the injected
    dependencies are lost. Depending on how you are building this, I'll wager
    that you can reproduce the error locally by running your dist/ copy.

    Here's where Angular's minification breaks down: when you have a function
    inside of a function, it doesn't know how to deal with injected
    dependencies and ensure they are not mangled. Example:
    https://gist.github.com/katowulf/1d88bd6106a535d0f8b9

    The solution is to specify the dependencies by providing an array (also in
    the link above).

    Cheers,

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d1e5b61d-bfe2-4408-a8d6-8cc841eb4fae%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebase-angular/d1e5b61d-bfe2-4408-a8d6-8cc841eb4fae%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>