Hello all,

newbie question, but anyway, my data structure is:

-Groups
--*GroupID*
---UserID []
----Transactions
-----TransactionName

-Users
--Name
--UserID
--etc..
--*GroupID*

How can I make a 'GroupID' reference from 'Group' on 'Users'? Does Firebase
can do that, in order to not repeat data? Couldn't find a way to do that.

Thanks,
Eduardo

  • Jacob Wenger at Jul 17, 2014 at 5:14 pm
    The solution here is to denormalize your data - aka actually repeat the
    data. Check out this blog post here
    <https://www.firebase.com/blog/2013-04-12-denormalizing-is-normal.html> and
    post back on this thread if you still have questions.
    newbie question, but anyway, my data structure is:

    -Groups
    --*GroupID*
    ---UserID []
    ----Transactions
    -----TransactionName

    -Users
    --Name
    --UserID
    --etc..
    --*GroupID*

    How can I make a 'GroupID' reference from 'Group' on 'Users'? Does
    Firebase can do that, in order to not repeat data? Couldn't find a way to
    do that.

    Thanks,
    Eduardo

  • Eduardo Shinkawa at Jul 17, 2014 at 5:59 pm
    Thank you!

    Em quinta-feira, 17 de julho de 2014 13h14min28s UTC-4, Jacob Wenger