So, we finally hit a showstopper with membase server (unrelated to Enyim
client) and reverted to a memcached style default bucket. I didn't change
the client, so I'm still using the Membase client for now. What I see is we
get a lot of failures reading the pool url now. In many cases the GET
returns a 401 unauthorized error. Looking that the request, it appears the
Enyim client is putting in a basic authorization header. I don't have any
credentials set up in the config, so why would it try to provide a basic
auth header ? I'm going to roll back to the Memcached client now regardless,
but would have been nice to continue to use the membase style config.

Search Discussions

  • A. at Oct 21, 2011 at 2:01 pm
    whihc constructor are you using?
    So, we finally hit a showstopper with membase server (unrelated to Enyim
    client) and reverted to a memcached style default bucket. I didn't change
    the client, so I'm still using the Membase client for now. What I see is we
    get a lot of failures reading the pool url now. In many cases the GET
    returns a 401 unauthorized error. Looking that the request, it appears the
    Enyim client is putting in a basic authorization header. I don't have any
    credentials set up in the config, so why would it try to provide a basic
    auth header ? I'm going to roll back to the Memcached client now regardless,
    but would have been nice to continue to use the membase style config.
  • Bradrover at Oct 21, 2011 at 2:07 pm
    The one that takes a configuration object:

    new MembaseClient(memcacheConfig)
  • A. at Oct 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm
    I tried to reproduce it but to no avail.

    What I did is:

    1) created a new membase bucket (named unauth)
    2) left the password empty and left it on the default (11210) port

    var mbcc = new MembaseClientConfiguration();
    mbcc.Bucket = *"unauth"*;
    mbcc.Urls.Add(new Uri(*"http://192.168.2.2:8091/pools/default"*));

    var client = new MembaseClient(mbcc);
    Debug.Assert(client.Store(StoreMode.Set, *"a"*, *1*), "failed set");

    Set was always successful. I know where to remove the basic auth header, but
    I'd like you to confirm that the above code does not work for you. (If I
    remember correctly you're using custom configuration, but cannot recall if
    custom implementation of the I*Configuration interface.)
    ALso, what's the exact version of membase? (See the web admin > about)

    a/

    The one that takes a configuration object:

    new MembaseClient(memcacheConfig)

groupenyim-memcached @
categoriesmemcached
postedOct 21, '11 at 2:00p