Hello everyone,
i'm new to this group and to Ensime,
after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
Netbeans,
i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
other things , like code formatting work well.
It seems that is wrong in compiling,
because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
.ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

Any idea?

  • Alex Gleyzer at Feb 25, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    I had a similar problem; saw the errors reported in
    *inferior-ensime-server* buffer, but they were not highlighted. Later I
    realized flymake-mode was not running, once I started it, everything worked
    fine.

    Alex
    after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
    Netbeans,
    i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

    So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
    but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
    Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
    other things , like code formatting work well.
    It seems that is wrong in compiling,
    because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
    .ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

    Any idea?
  • Luigi Antonini at Feb 25, 2013 at 11:23 pm
    Flymake solved perfectly the problem!

    Tank you Alex!

    I had a similar problem; saw the errors reported in
    *inferior-ensime-server* buffer, but they were not highlighted. Later I
    realized flymake-mode was not running, once I started it, everything worked
    fine.

    Alex
    after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
    Netbeans,
    i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

    So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
    but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
    Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
    other things , like code formatting work well.
    It seems that is wrong in compiling,
    because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
    .ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

    Any idea?
  • Aemon Cannon at Feb 26, 2013 at 1:13 am
    Hmm
    You should not need flymake...
    I think I see the problem. We recently starting using flymake's type-faces
    to color warnings/errors. So if flymake is not (required) somewhere.. it
    will probably not show correctly. Will fix in upcoming release!

    On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Luigi Antonini
    I had a similar problem; saw the errors reported in
    *inferior-ensime-server* buffer, but they were not highlighted. Later I
    realized flymake-mode was not running, once I started it, everything worked
    fine.

    Alex
    after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
    Netbeans,
    i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

    So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
    but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
    Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
    other things , like code formatting work well.
    It seems that is wrong in compiling,
    because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
    .ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

    Any idea?

  • Luigi Antonini at Feb 26, 2013 at 8:52 am
    Good!
    This will help others emacs/ensime beginners like me to not scratch the
    head!

    On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Luigi Antonini <luigi.an...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I had a similar problem; saw the errors reported in
    *inferior-ensime-server* buffer, but they were not highlighted. Later I
    realized flymake-mode was not running, once I started it, everything worked
    fine.

    Alex
    after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
    Netbeans,
    i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

    So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
    but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
    Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
    other things , like code formatting work well.
    It seems that is wrong in compiling,
    because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
    .ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

    Any idea?

  • Alex Gleyzer at Feb 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    Aha, now it makes sense... I had flymake required by prelude
    (https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude) then turned it off for some other
    reason and a bit later realized ensime stopped highlighting errors.
[...]

  • Aemon Cannon at Feb 27, 2013 at 12:55 am
    fyi, uploaded 0.9.8.9 which should fix this issue.

[...]

    .

  • Luigi Antonini at Feb 27, 2013 at 7:11 pm
    Tested new version just now ..
    I works! Tanks!

  • Aidy lewis at May 17, 2013 at 2:22 pm
    Hi,

    I have started to investigate ENSIME today.

    I am using Scala 2.9.1 and this version of ENSIME => 2.9.2-0.9.8.9.

    Unfortunately, I am not receiving highlight on errors.

    I have enabled flymake-mode to no effect.

    Thanks

    Aidy

    after years of java/scala development with full IDE's , Eclipse and
    Netbeans,
    i'm trying some texteditor with some scala tools.

    So i tried ensime on Linux with emacs and sublime 2 , and works fine,
    but , same configuration , doesn't works in my mac with emacs.
    Ensime server start without problems , but errors are not highlighted,
    other things , like code formatting work well.
    It seems that is wrong in compiling,
    because if i build project with ensime i says not errors.
    .ensime project's file is generated through ensime-sbt-cmd.

    Any idea?
  • Bull Fabian at Sep 24, 2013 at 10:57 am
    Did anybody found a solution to aidy's problem? I am experiencing the same problem.

    Regards
    Fabian