I have a non-technical colleague who needs a fairly simple CRM system.
SugarCRM Community Edition is overkill.

Django packages doesn't have a CRM category so I wonder if anyone has
anything which might be in production?

I could install and configure for him but he is definitely in the
end-user camp and I'm not keen to become his primary support for someone
else's package.

He needs to keep track of prospects, write notes, add keywords and
search/filter his database on dates, keywords etc. Not sure what the etc
might actually be.

Thanks

Mike

  • Kelvin Wong at Jun 28, 2014 at 4:05 am
    If you don't want to help the fellow when he runs into issues, give him a
    supported product like Zoho CRM. It is free for 3 users.

    I'm currently reviewing Tree.io for a client and while it looks nice, it
    uses Piston (abandonware), Jinja (unnecessary), Dajaxice (a bad idea
    generally). I wouldn't recommend it at this point.

    I have a non-technical colleague who needs a fairly simple CRM system.
    SugarCRM Community Edition is overkill.
  • Mike Dewhirst at Jun 28, 2014 at 5:42 am
    Thanks Kelvin. It looks good at first glance.

    Do you know if Django-CRM is suitable for an end user?

    Mike