Hola,

What are people's recommendations for postgres db backup solutions?

I've just installed django-dbbackup and will give it a try, but
thought I'd ask what others were using.

cheers
L.

--
From this perspective it is natural that anarchism be marked by
spontaneity, differentiation, and experimentation that it be marked by

  • John DeRosa at Feb 6, 2014 at 11:18 pm
    pg_dump is all you need, if your db is small enough. It generates a consistent backup.

    pg_dump, zip, stash it in a cloud container named "backup" is what we do.

    John
    What are people's recommendations for postgres db backup solutions?

    I've just installed django-dbbackup and will give it a try, but
    thought I'd ask what others were using.

    cheers
    L.

    --
    From this perspective it is natural that anarchism be marked by
    spontaneity, differentiation, and experimentation that it be marked by
    an expressed affinity with chaos, if chaos is understood to be what
    lies outside or beyond the dominant game or system. Because of the
    resistance to definition and categorisation, the anarchist principle
    has been variously interpreted as, rather than an articulated
    position, "a moral attitude, an emotional climate, or even a mood".
    This mood hangs in dramatic tension between utopian hope or dystopian
    nihilism...
    -----
    http://zuihitsu.org/godspeed-you-black-emperor-and-the-politics-of-chaos

  • Mike Dewhirst at Feb 6, 2014 at 11:31 pm