I am newbie to django looking for a simple sample.

What I need:
1.) simple template may be with 2-4 fields/text boxes with "save" button.

What it should do:
Just save the data in the text boxes to a database when i press the "save"
button.

2.) may be another template with button "Show DB" to list all the data in
the DB.

3.) This should NOT use django admin site which covered in the tutorial. (I
hate that)

4.) What should cover in the sample:
just
* Template
* Form
* View
* Model
functionality work together to save and retrieve the data from database and
display it.

4.) May be 1-2 page documentation/tutorial might help.

If someone knows please point me. (I DON"T think big books or 1 months
reading tutorials will help me. Looking for a shorter one)

Thanks in advance.

Sanjaya Vitharana

  • Thomas Lockhart at Oct 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm

    I am newbie to django looking for a simple sample.
    I'd suggest picking up a package built on top of Django. Maybe Mezzanine
    (I've enjoyed working with that). But there are several which will get
    you going quickly.

    hth

                                 - Tom

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/82221f34-9467-4b8d-9e63-8fca37c172be%40googlegroups.com.