I'm trying to write a leiningen template for company internal use. I have
deployed it to our internal Artifactory instance, and added the Artifactory
URL to :repositories in ~/.lein/profiles.clj, but `lein new` can't resolve
it:

$ lein new rest-microservice my-new-api
Failed to resolve version for rest-microservice:lein-template:jar:RELEASE:
Could not find metadata rest-microservice:lein-template/maven-metadata.xml
in local (~/.m2/repository)
This could be due to a typo in :dependencies or network issues.
If you are behind a proxy, try setting the 'http_proxy' environment
variable.
Could not find template yodle-service on the classpath.

Incidentally, I get more information if I pass in the --snapshot flag:

$ lein new rest-microservice my-new-api --snapshot
Could not find metadata rest-microservice:lein-template/maven-metadata.xml
in local (~/.m2/repository)
Failure to find rest-microservice:lein-template/maven-metadata.xml in
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced
Failure to find rest-microservice:lein-template/maven-metadata.xml in
https://clojars.org/repo/ was cached in the local repository, resolution
will not be reattempted until the update interval of clojars has elapsed or
updates are forced
This could be due to a typo in :dependencies or network issues.
If you are behind a proxy, try setting the 'http_proxy' environment
variable.
Could not find template rest-microservice on the classpath.

It seems like `lein new` doesn't look for templates in the internal
repository, even though I have configured ~/.lein/profiles.clj such that I
have successfully made a project.clj use dependencies from Artifactory.

Is there some other configuration required to use leiningen templates from
an internal repo?

Thanks,
Michael

---

  • Michael Willis at Sep 11, 2015 at 5:41 pm
    I figured it out - leiningen looks for template in the default repos, and
    anything configured under {:user {:plugin-repositories ...}}