With all my attention on trying to learn things about clojure, I've either
missed or forgotten how do to a simple thing.

As I learn clojure I'm writing a few definitions that represent tools I
like to use in development.

What is the simplest way to have those tools present in arbitrary clojure
REPLs started with lein repl, emacs cider-jack-in, etc., without putting
them in project.clj files for every lein project I'm working on ?

I just want to load some things into the user (or other default ns if my
hypothetical .cljrc changes it) namespace and have it happen all the time,
except when I'm doing release builds and such of a particular project.

Suggestions?

---

  • Moritz Ulrich at Nov 25, 2013 at 3:01 pm
    Leiningen profiles in ~/.lein/profiles.clj will be merged into the
    current project.clj by leiningen. Also dumented in
    https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/stable/doc/PROFILES.md
    With all my attention on trying to learn things about clojure, I've either
    missed or forgotten how do to a simple thing.

    As I learn clojure I'm writing a few definitions that represent tools I like
    to use in development.

    What is the simplest way to have those tools present in arbitrary clojure
    REPLs started with lein repl, emacs cider-jack-in, etc., without putting
    them in project.clj files for every lein project I'm working on ?

    I just want to load some things into the user (or other default ns if my
    hypothetical .cljrc changes it) namespace and have it happen all the time,
    except when I'm doing release builds and such of a particular project.

    Suggestions?

    ---
    "Clojure" group.
    email to clojure+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    ---
  • Dgrnbrg at Nov 25, 2013 at 10:49 pm
    Another great feature of Leiningen is the :injections key in project.clj.
    This lets you run arbitrary code on the Leiningen-managed JVM startup. I
    recommend this when using Spyscope, which is a debugging tool that only
    needs to be required before you can use it:
    https://github.com/dgrnbrg/spyscope#usage

    Using :injections is a powerful to customize the default referred vars, as
    well.
    https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/stable/doc/PROFILES.md<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ftechnomancy%2Fleiningen%2Fblob%2Fstable%2Fdoc%2FPROFILES.md&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGPecCbKEDAS5MWZP4qvsqXetVkTw>
    With all my attention on trying to learn things about clojure, I've either
    missed or forgotten how do to a simple thing.

    As I learn clojure I'm writing a few definitions that represent tools I like
    to use in development.

    What is the simplest way to have those tools present in arbitrary clojure
    REPLs started with lein repl, emacs cider-jack-in, etc., without putting
    them in project.clj files for every lein project I'm working on ?

    I just want to load some things into the user (or other default ns if my
    hypothetical .cljrc changes it) namespace and have it happen all the time,
    except when I'm doing release builds and such of a particular project.

    Suggestions?

    ---
    "Clojure" group.
    email to clojure+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    ---
  • Dave Tenny at Nov 28, 2013 at 12:53 am
    Thanks, I seem to have accomplished what I need for now. It was a bit
    frustrating to figure out exactly what I could do in profiles.clj. For
    example, I can't find any documentation on :injections, which was key to
    evaluating some code once I'd specified libraries as dependencies.

    Where are the full options of projects.clj and profiles.clj documented? I
    can't find it anywhere in the git tree except by way of example in the
    sample project.clj, and the tutorial.

[...]

    Google Groups "Clojure" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/clojure/7NWXyQsG3WU/unsubscribe.
    clojure+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    ---
  • Justin Smith at Nov 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm
    the leinengen project has an example project.clj
    https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/sample.project.clj

    On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM, dgrnbrg <dsg123...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Dave Tenny at Nov 30, 2013 at 3:29 pm
    Thanks, that was one of the sample files I mentioned looking at, but it
    still didn't have the :injections stuff in it, and I was just wondering
    what else I was missing. I have yet to find any real documentation on
    project and profiles [.clj] content other than examples, I was looking for
    the "reference guide" on these entities, but I suspect that's an exercise
    left for readers of the code at this time.

    On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Dave Tenny <dave....@gmail.com>
[...]

    clojure+u...@googlegroups.com.

    ---