Announcing a new library which adds Scala-style *static* strictness to
collection operations.

The first version is a proof-of-concept: please read the contributing
guidelines <https://github.com/typedclojure/strict-typed-ops#contributing>if
you want to contribute.

The README <https://github.com/typedclojure/strict-typed-ops> has
dependency information, an intro and a link to the API.

Enjoy!
Ambrose

---

  • Peter Fraenkel at Nov 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm
    Well, this is of course my favorite subject...

    If we want to truly emulate Scala, then I think we'd have

    (t/ann ^:no-check conj-vec
          (All [x
                [y :> x]]
               [(t/Vec x) y y * -> (t/Vec y)]))

    because you can append a supertype and get back a vector of the supertype.

    (t/ann ^:no-check conj-set
            (All [x
                 [(t/Set x) y y * -> (t/Set x)]))

    because Scala's Set is invariant.

    On a more trivial note, why is it better to defn conj-set et al and then
    apply conj, rather than just (def conj-set conj)?

    On Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:54:22 AM UTC-5, Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant