I'm hoping to start learning Clojure (via The Joy Of Clojure book), but I'm
having trouble downloading Clojure 1.3 from the
http://clojure.org/downloads site. It downloads maybe 50 or 100 MB very
slowly, then grinds to a halt saying the download was interrupted (on
Google Chrome browser). Other download sites are working fine witht eh same
browser/network connection etc, but I've been trying Clojure at regular
intervals all day and keep getting the same problem.

Is there an alternative/mirror site for downloading Clojure, or do I just
have to wait until the main site is working again?

  • Stuart Sierra at Mar 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm
    There must be something strange going on. The Clojure 1.3 ZIP file is only
    4.5 MB.

    The Clojure distribution is published through the public Maven repository
    system, which has many mirrors:
    http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mirrors+Repositories

    For example, here's one mirror of Clojure 1.3:
    http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/1.3.0/

    -S

    I'm hoping to start learning Clojure (via The Joy Of Clojure book), but
    I'm having trouble downloading Clojure 1.3 from the
    http://clojure.org/downloads site. It downloads maybe 50 or 100 MB very
    slowly, then grinds to a halt saying the download was interrupted (on
    Google Chrome browser). Other download sites are working fine witht eh same
    browser/network connection etc, but I've been trying Clojure at regular
    intervals all day and keep getting the same problem.

    Is there an alternative/mirror site for downloading Clojure, or do I just
    have to wait until the main site is working again?
  • Sean Corfield at Mar 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm