Hey Folks,

I'm officially releasing Korma 0.2.0 today with a wonderful new
project site: http://sqlkorma.com ;)

HackerNews thread here: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3188609

Cheers,
Chris.

  • Craig at Nov 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm
    Hi Chris,

    Nice website :-)

    The HN thread mentions ClojureQL. Does it have limitations
    that made it unsuitable for you? Or were you keen to roll your own?

  • Timothy Baldridge at Nov 2, 2011 at 8:34 pm
    The site layout is great, and it looks like a awesome library. But all
    that is dwarfed by the color selection...let's put this nicely...it's
    physically painful to look at the Korma site with the current color
    scheme. Besides that, it looks great.

    Timothy
    The HN thread mentions ClojureQL. Does it have limitations
    that made it unsuitable for you? Or were you keen to roll your own?

    “One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
    that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination
    of their C programs.”
    (Robert Firth)

  • Carin Meier at Nov 3, 2011 at 12:45 am
    I really like the color pallette :)

  • Chris Granger at Nov 3, 2011 at 5:13 am
    Color is always a touchy and very subjective realm. :)

    In terms of "why not ClojureQL?" I'll quote my response from HN:

    The issue I had with ClojureQL is that it seems like the wrong abstraction
    to me. Myself and others I've talked to have found ourselves fighting with
    how it tries to model data and more specifically the kind of queries it
    generates. For example, it is very quick to use rather inefficient
    sub-selects.

    Cheers,
    Chris.