I have a small requirement to emit Avro objects using jcascalog. Is it
possible to do that, It would helpful if someone can point me to an example.
I've initialized the schema in the following way:

Schema ucSchema = new UC().getSchema(); //UC is the avro object
new Lfs(new AvroScheme(ucSchema), path, sinkMode);

Right now i'm getting the following exception when I emit records(avro
based):
could not build flow from assembly:
[[AvroScheme{schema={"ty...][cascading.avro.AvroScheme.<init>(AvroScheme.java:92)]
unable to resolve scheme sink selector: [{1}:'ucIdenifier'], with incoming:
[{1}:'?uc']]

Attachment has the UC schema whose records I would like to emit using
jcascalog.
Hoping for some help.
Sai Krishna Bala

  • Igor Postelnik at May 1, 2014 at 3:31 pm
    Which AvroScheme implementation are you using? The names have to align and
    (I think) there was a change to AvroScheme code to strip leading
    punctuation when matching names. Try calling your output var '?ucIdenifier'
    in your query.

    Alternatively you can insert a rename step using low-level cascading DSL,
    though I don't know if that's exposed in jcascalog.

    -Igor

    On Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:58:54 PM UTC-5, saikris...@corp.247customer.com