How can I call a cascading function from Cascalog. At the moment, I get a

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: MY_CLASS cannot be
cast to clojure.lang.IFn

  • Sam Ritchie at Mar 9, 2014 at 1:15 pm
    Can you send the query that you're trying to execute? What version of
    Cascalog are you trying to use?

    You have to actually instantiate the cascading operation before using it
    in your subquery. For example:
    https://github.com/nathanmarz/cascalog/blob/9a35de23b67e0e36f1456b8c7a0672bfb6ca06a6/cascalog-core/test/cascalog/api_test.clj#L597
    Mohamed Yahya March 9, 2014 7:13 AM
    How can I call a cascading function from Cascalog. At the moment, I get a

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: MY_CLASS
    cannot be cast to clojure.lang.IFn

    Paddleguru Co-Founder
    703.863.8561
    www.paddleguru.com <http://www.paddleguru.com/>
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/paddleguru>// Facebook
    <http://facebook.com/paddleguru>

  • Mohamed Yahya at Mar 9, 2014 at 1:20 pm
    Here is the code, where Tokenizer is a cascading function being
    instantiated:

    (?<- (stdout) [?text ?document]

         ((hfs-textline "documents.txt") :> ?text)

         (((Tokenizer. "model-simple") ?text) :> ?document))

    I am using Cascalog 2.0.0.

    Can you send the query that you're trying to execute? What version of
    Cascalog are you trying to use?

    You have to actually instantiate the cascading operation before using it
    in your subquery. For example:
    https://github.com/nathanmarz/cascalog/blob/9a35de23b67e0e36f1456b8c7a0672bfb6ca06a6/cascalog-core/test/cascalog/api_test.clj#L597

    Mohamed Yahya <yahya.mohamed@gmail.com>
    March 9, 2014 7:13 AM

    Sam Ritchie (@sritchie)
    Paddleguru Co-Founder
    703.863.8561
    www.paddleguru.com
    Twitter <http://twitter.com/paddleguru> // Facebook<http://facebook.com/paddleguru>

    Mohamed Yahya

  • Sam Ritchie at Mar 9, 2014 at 1:20 pm
    Looks like you've got an extra level of parens. Compare the function
    call to the test, shed the parens and you should be good to go.
    Mohamed Yahya March 9, 2014 7:19 AM

    --
    Mohamed Yahya
    Sam Ritchie March 9, 2014 7:15 AM