I have tried this, but it doesn't work:

Object source = getSourceTapSubquery();
Subquery query1 = new Subquery("?var").predicate(source, "?var");
Subquery query2 = new Subquery("?var").predicate(source, "?var");

List<Object> taps = new ArrayList<Object>();
taps.add(new StdoutTap());
taps.add(new StdoutTap());
List<Object> gens = new ArrayList<Object>();
gens.add(query1);
gens.add(query2);

Flow flow = Api.compileFlow(taps, gens);
flow.complete();
Then I tried to write it in Cascading, and it worked for me. But at times I
see varied results between output run using JCascalog vs Cascading code,
maybe because there are other optimizations done under the covers in
Cascalog such as Group By which I didn't write while writing the Cascading
code. Can someone please point me in the right direction for how to achieve
this in JCascalog? Any help is appreciated.

  • Sam Ritchie at Jun 13, 2013 at 2:05 am
    Can you give us some more information? What does "doesn't work" mean?
    What are you expecting to see, and what did you see? Can you send over
    the Cascading code as well?
    PK June 12, 2013 7:03 PM
    I have tried this, but it doesn't work:

    Then I tried to write it in Cascading, and it worked for me. But at
    times I see varied results between output run using JCascalog vs
    Cascading code, maybe because there are other optimizations done under
    the covers in Cascalog such as Group By which I didn't write while
    writing the Cascading code. Can someone please point me in the right
    direction for how to achieve this in JCascalog? Any help is appreciated.

    Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
    703.662.1337
    @sritchie