Can any one provide any pointer how the same can be used in Jcascalog?

Thanks
Sourabh
On Monday, July 19, 2010 11:59:46 PM UTC+5:30, mlimotte wrote:

Hi Nathan,

Cascading has a nice feature where a few malformed input records can
be "trapped", without stopping the entire flow. (http://
www.cascading.org/documentation/features/failure-traps.html ) This
allows you to run a big job and not have it die because of a little
dirty date, and still capture the bad records to a file, so you you
debug them later on.

As far as I can tell, Cascalog does not support this as of now. Any
pointers on alternatives, or how I can hack it in for my flow quickly.

Marc

  • Sourabh Chaki at Jun 6, 2013 at 11:28 am
    I am using Jcascalog and I am new to this technology. Can some one kindly
    point me any example of trap in jcascalog? I really appreciate your help.

    Thanks
    Sourabh

    On Friday, May 31, 2013 3:36:00 PM UTC+5:30, sourab...@corp.247customer.com
    Can any one provide any pointer how the same can be used in Jcascalog?

    Thanks
    Sourabh
    Cascading has a nice feature where a few malformed input records can
    be "trapped", without stopping the entire flow. (http://
    www.cascading.org/documentation/features/failure-traps.html ) This
    allows you to run a big job and not have it die because of a little
    dirty date, and still capture the bad records to a file, so you you
    debug them later on.

    As far as I can tell, Cascalog does not support this as of now. Any
    pointers on alternatives, or how I can hack it in for my flow quickly.

    Marc
  • David Kincaid at Jun 6, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    To add on to an example from the Wiki:

    Api.execute(
       Api.hfsTextline("/tmp/myresults"),
       new Subquery("?count")
         .predicate(Api.hfsTextline("src/java/jcascalog/example"), "_")
         .predicate(new Count(), "?count"))
         .predicate(Option.Trap, Api.hfsTextline("/tmp/error-trap"));

    On Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:28:44 AM UTC-5, sourab...@corp.247customer.com
[...]

  • Sourabh Chaki at Jun 6, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Cascading has a nice feature where a few malformed input records can
    be "trapped", without stopping the entire flow. (http://
    www.cascading.org/documentation/features/failure-traps.html ) This
    allows you to run a big job and not have it die because of a little
    dirty date, and still capture the bad records to a file, so you you
    debug them later on.

    As far as I can tell, Cascalog does not support this as of now. Any
    pointers on alternatives, or how I can hack it in for my flow quickly.

    Marc
  • Andy Xue at Apr 4, 2014 at 7:35 pm
    hmm i am having trouble getting the trap to work ... did this make it into
    cascalog 2.x? i tried both

    (:trap (stdout))

    and

    (:trap (lfs-textline "mypath"))

    On Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:51:19 AM UTC-4, sourab...@corp.247customer.com
    Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Cascading has a nice feature where a few malformed input records can
    be "trapped", without stopping the entire flow. (http://
    www.cascading.org/documentation/features/failure-traps.html ) This
    allows you to run a big job and not have it die because of a little
    dirty date, and still capture the bad records to a file, so you you
    debug them later on.

    As far as I can tell, Cascalog does not support this as of now. Any
    pointers on alternatives, or how I can hack it in for my flow quickly.

    Marc
  • Soren Macbeth at Apr 4, 2014 at 8:46 pm
    they work for me, although I've never tried stdout or lfs-textline

    hmm i am having trouble getting the trap to work ... did this make it into
    cascalog 2.x? i tried both

    (:trap (stdout))

    and

    (:trap (lfs-textline "mypath"))

    Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Cascading has a nice feature where a few malformed input records can
    be "trapped", without stopping the entire flow. (http://
    www.cascading.org/documentation/features/failure-traps.html ) This
    allows you to run a big job and not have it die because of a little
    dirty date, and still capture the bad records to a file, so you you
    debug them later on.

    As far as I can tell, Cascalog does not support this as of now. Any
    pointers on alternatives, or how I can hack it in for my flow quickly.

    Marc

    http://about.me/soren

  • Dan young at Apr 4, 2014 at 10:17 pm
    Same here...seems to work for me too...