@ifesdjeen and @otfrom have volunteered to make the new doc site happen. We
started drafting an outline on google doc at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQO8ikIU8OZS97mXM-36Xuah-lSWVhwfeJF6sXVCDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

The google doc is open for public comment. I think next bit is to get the
Getting Started guide content done then the site would be somewhat helpful.

Regards,
Paul

P.S. I haven't looked at the poll result yet. I'll post an update next week
about that.

  • Sam Ritchie at May 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm
    Hey, this looks great -- would you guys mind adding me to the doc?
    Paul Lam May 10, 2013 6:31 AM
    @ifesdjeen and @otfrom have volunteered to make the new doc site
    happen. We started drafting an outline on google doc at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQO8ikIU8OZS97mXM-36Xuah-lSWVhwfeJF6sXVCDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

    The google doc is open for public comment. I think next bit is to get
    the Getting Started guide content done then the site would be somewhat
    helpful.

    Regards,
    Paul

    P.S. I haven't looked at the poll result yet. I'll post an update next
    week about that. --
    Groups "cascalog-user" group.
    an email to cascalog-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
    703.662.1337
    @sritchie

  • Soren Macbeth at May 10, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    and me as well please.

    Hey, this looks great -- would you guys mind adding me to the doc?

    Paul Lam <ptylam@gmail.com>
    May 10, 2013 6:31 AM
    @ifesdjeen and @otfrom have volunteered to make the new doc site happen.
    We started drafting an outline on google doc at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQO8ikIU8OZS97mXM-36Xuah-lSWVhwfeJF6sXVCDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

    The google doc is open for public comment. I think next bit is to get the
    Getting Started guide content done then the site would be somewhat helpful.

    Regards,
    Paul

    P.S. I haven't looked at the poll result yet. I'll post an update next
    week about that. --
    "cascalog-user" group.
    email to cascalog-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

    Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
    703.662.1337
    @sritchie

    http://about.me/soren

  • Mason at May 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm
    A tutorial or example of using Cascalog with Avro would be useful. I can
    probably find time to contribute this.
    Hey, this looks great -- would you guys mind adding me to the doc?
    Paul Lam > May 10, 2013 6:31 AM
    @ifesdjeen and @otfrom have volunteered to make the new doc site
    happen. We started drafting an outline on google doc at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQO8ikIU8OZS97mXM-36Xuah-lSWVhwfeJF6sXVCDJ0/edit?usp=sharing

    The google doc is open for public comment. I think next bit is to
    get the Getting Started guide content done then the site would be
    somewhat helpful.

    Regards,
    Paul

    P.S. I haven't looked at the poll result yet. I'll post an update
    next week about that. --
    Google Groups "cascalog-user" group.
    send an email to cascalog-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
    --
    Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
    703.662.1337 <tel:703.662.1337>

    http://about.me/soren
  • Paco Nathan at May 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    Would it be useful to glean any text, examples, quotes, etc., from the
    O'Reilly book?
    There are two chapters about Cascalog.

    For example, "City of Palo Alto Open Data" recommender in Cascalog might be
    used for an example.

[...]

  • Sam Ritchie at May 11, 2013 at 4:39 pm
    For sure -- what's the o'reilly book?
    Paco Nathan May 11, 2013 9:38 AM
    Would it be useful to glean any text, examples, quotes, etc., from the
    O'Reilly book?
    There are two chapters about Cascalog.

    For example, "City of Palo Alto Open Data" recommender in Cascalog
    might be used for an example.

    Mason May 10, 2013 1:02 PM
[...]

  • Paco Nathan at May 11, 2013 at 4:47 pm
    Great. The title is "Enterprise Data Workflows with Cascading", and there
    are chapters on Cascalog and Scalding included. Should be going into
    "Rough Cuts" soon, will be in print before Hadoop Summit.

    http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028536.do

    Let me know if you'd like to preview -

    Would it be useful to glean any text, examples, quotes, etc., from the
    O'Reilly book?
    There are two chapters about Cascalog.

    For example, "City of Palo Alto Open Data" recommender in Cascalog might
    be used for an example.

    Mason <mason@verbasoftware.com>
    May 10, 2013 1:02 PM