Hey all,

I've created a template for a Cascading-ElasticSearch tap based on
https://github.com/infochimps/wonderdog, designed to ease bulk loading into
running ElasticSearch instances. I stopped development before completing
the project, as my team decided to move away from ElasticSearch, but I hope
this first start can be helpful to some of you here. (For you Cascalog
users, once this tap is complete it'll be trivial to add an elasticsearch
module to Cascalog-contrib.)

Here's the project: https://github.com/Cascading/cascading.elasticsearch

Wonderdog uses newer Hadoop APIs that are incompatible with the APIs
Cascading uses. I converted the Input and OutputFormats over, but haven't
designed a good tap over this whole thing. If you're interested in taking
over development or committing on the project, let me know and I'll do what
I can to help!

Cheers,
--
Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
703.662.1337

(Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org)

Search Discussions

  • Nick Dimiduk at Mar 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm
    Sam,

    Your timing is quite convenient. I'll be in touch.

    -n
[...]

groupcascalog-user @
categoriesclojure, hadoop
postedMar 6, '12 at 10:50p
activeMar 9, '12 at 6:10p
websiteclojure.org
irc#clojure

2 users in discussion

Nick Dimiduk: 1 post Sam Ritchie: 1 post