Hey all,

I've just released a blog post on how to test Cascalog queries with
Midje<http://sritchie.github.com/2011/09/30/testing-cascalog-with-midje.html>;
I think these methods are way ahead of those of any other MapReduce testing
suite, and I really hope all of you will find them useful.

(The tutorial makes use of
midje-cascalog<https://github.com/sritchie/midje-cascalog>,
a light Cascalog-specific wrapper over
Midje<https://github.com/marick/Midje>. All
code in the post can be found on
github<https://github.com/sritchie/cascalog-testing-demo>
.)

Here's another post<http://sritchie.github.com/2011/09/29/getting-creative-with-mapreduce.html>
with
my thoughts on why fact-based tests of MapReduce queries are so important. I
take the stance here that a full testing suite focused on application logic
is the only way to be truly dynamic and creative when working at scale. Lack
of tests leads to fear of change! (I don't know that test coverage like this
is even possible outside of Cascalog.)

I'd love to hear what you all think of the library; thoughts, requested
additions, anything and everything!
--
Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
703.662.1337