I just started messing with avro and cascalog. Was able to create the
a tap with AvroScheme no problem, but encountered
cascading.flow.FlowException: unhandled exception (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
when actually trying to query data.

seems like it could be really sweet if i got it working. one thing
though: one of the features of avro is that the schema is specified in
the data itself. but with cascading.avro theres no way to recover it,
so you have to specify it yourself somewhere.

Has anybody used cascalog with avro?  What are your thoughts/
experiences?

Search Discussions

  • Nathanmarz at Sep 23, 2011 at 11:00 pm
    Hey Andrew,

    Whenever you get a FlowException like that, you should be able to find
    the actual cause of the error in the task logs. That will help with
    diagnosing why it's not working.

    -Nathan