Hello

When I add a user in the database the password is cryped
public function beforeSave($options = array()) {
$this->data['User']['password'] =
AuthComponent::password($this->data['User']['password']);
return true;
}

But if I edit the user to change the email adresse for example the password
is cryped again so it crypted an already cryped password.

How can I avoid that.

Thanks for your help

--
Like Us on FacekBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP

---

  • Euromark at Oct 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm
    use an alias in the forms
    http://www.dereuromark.de/2011/08/25/working-with-passwords-in-cakephp/

    When I add a user in the database the password is cryped
    public function beforeSave($options = array()) {
    $this->data['User']['password'] =
    AuthComponent::password($this->data['User']['password']);
    return true;
    }

    But if I edit the user to change the email adresse for example the
    password is cryped again so it crypted an already cryped password.

    How can I avoid that.

    Thanks for your help
    --
    Like Us on FacekBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP

    ---
  • Richard Joo at Oct 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm
    You can create multiple validation rules in your model and choose different rule depending on what page or case scenario you need to apply.