It looks like the rax_meta module only supports the complete replacment of
the existing metadata with a new struct of metadata. Is that right, or am
I overlooking something? (I'm using 1.7.2, but it looks like the current
version at
https://github.com/ansible/ansible-modules-core/blob/devel/cloud/rackspace/rax_meta.py
is the same.)

If that's correct, would there be interested in a patch to do things like
add or remove a single entry from the metadata?

                                       -Josh (jbs@care.com)

This email is intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying, or disclosure by any person other than the addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

  • Matt Martz at Nov 18, 2014 at 4:11 pm
    Yes, at current that is the way that it works. I would be open to an
    option that allows manipulating individual metadata key/value pairs instead
    of complete replacements.
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/21611.27980.665081.880648%40gargle.gargle.HOWL
    .

    Matt Martz