I'm using a galaxy package that I modified. I would like to reference this
modified role from a playbook. How do I declare that the roles File System
location is not in the roles folder (as expected) but else where on my
comptuer?

EG,

playbook located at = /Users/weston/my_company/servers/web_server.yml

role located at = /Users/weston/git/ansible_rbenv_role

  • Trond Hindenes at Aug 10, 2014 at 7:06 am
    You can use the roles_path setting in ansible.cfg to specify where Ansible
    should look for roles:

    http://docs.ansible.com/intro_configuration.html#roles-path

    I'm using a galaxy package that I modified. I would like to reference this
    modified role from a playbook. How do I declare that the roles File System
    location is not in the roles folder (as expected) but else where on my
    comptuer?

    EG,

    playbook located at = /Users/weston/my_company/servers/web_server.yml

    role located at = /Users/weston/git/ansible_rbenv_role
  • Peter Petrov at Aug 10, 2014 at 11:52 am
    You can also just add a symlink to the actual role location inside the
    roles/ folder.
    I'm using a galaxy package that I modified. I would like to reference this
    modified role from a playbook. How do I declare that the roles File System
    location is not in the roles folder (as expected) but else where on my
    comptuer?

    EG,

    playbook located at = /Users/weston/my_company/servers/web_server.yml

    role located at = /Users/weston/git/ansible_rbenv_role
  • James Cammarata at Aug 11, 2014 at 12:35 am
    You can also specify the full path for the role name:

       roles:
       - { role: "/path/to/your/role" }

    I'm using a galaxy package that I modified. I would like to reference this
    modified role from a playbook. How do I declare that the roles File System
    location is not in the roles folder (as expected) but else where on my
    comptuer?

    EG,

    playbook located at = /Users/weston/my_company/servers/web_server.yml

    role located at = /Users/weston/git/ansible_rbenv_role

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/484f8e62-a800-422d-ab69-3834870ed36d%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/484f8e62-a800-422d-ab69-3834870ed36d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Michael DeHaan at Aug 11, 2014 at 12:28 pm
    Or a relative one!

    Lots of options!

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAMFyvFjbhgg1bQmzZYSf3oAw0B3gmYGZF9QN5HaOe_E4maKZfg%40mail.gmail.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAMFyvFjbhgg1bQmzZYSf3oAw0B3gmYGZF9QN5HaOe_E4maKZfg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>