When I run ansible-playbook in accelerate mode and for some reason ansible
task fail the next run will not connect with following error

PLAY [all]

GATHERING FACTS
fatal: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] => Failed to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5099

TASK: [role | task] ***********************************************
FATAL: no hosts matched or all hosts have already failed -- aborting

PLAY RECAP
            to retry, use: --limit @//task.retry

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : ok=0 changed=0 unreachable=1
  failed=0

PLAY [all]

GATHERING FACTS
fatal: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] => Failed to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5099

TASK: [role | task] *********************************************
FATAL: no hosts matched or all hosts have already failed -- aborting

and so on...

Then in target host there is a ansible procces running. I run

kill -9 $(ps -aux | grep accelerate | awk '{print $2}') for kill this
proccess and next run success

  • Michael DeHaan at Aug 1, 2014 at 8:07 pm
    Hi,

    FYI - You're replying to a thread that is almost a year old.

    It sounds like you have a new issue, but I'm not sure what version of
    ansible you are running.

    Please let us know this and what OSes you have on both sides of the
    equation for starters, and we can go from there.

[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/198c02a4-c31c-4975-b117-05f18f4c3d5c%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/198c02a4-c31c-4975-b117-05f18f4c3d5c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • Michel Sánchez Montells at Aug 4, 2014 at 2:02 pm
    origin station

    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS"

    3.13.0-32-generic

    target station
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS"

    3.13.0-32-generic

    ansible-playbook 1.6.10

[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CA%2BnsWgyc0Pt1hNEuAOtJrUk5mCo%2BegM6%3DyHg6F%3Drc0WJKhVvDQ%40mail.gmail.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CA%2BnsWgyc0Pt1hNEuAOtJrUk5mCo%2BegM6%3DyHg6F%3Drc0WJKhVvDQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>