Is there a way to pass the docker-module a set of parameters so that it can
login to a repository to download private repos. Currently I have it
downloading public ones ok but I can not get our private ones to pull.

Thanks

Mark

--
MARK OLLIVERHEAD OF IT OPERATIONS
  T. +44(0) 20 7775 5628 [image: Infectious Media]3-7 Herbal Hill / London /

  • Paul Durivage at Jul 7, 2014 at 3:03 pm
    Docker images in private repos should have be accessed by the private
    repo's FQDN, for example:

    docker.example.com/myimage:tag

    When pulling by this image name, it's implied that the registry is at
    docker.example.com and is accessible to the Docker host. It looks like the
    Docker module makes mention of API usernames and passwords, implying that
    it has the capability to authenticated against hub.docker.io and any
    registry that uses the index/hub authentication. I'd have to look through
    the source code to be sure, but I think that's what it's doing. The docker
    image module doens't have this capability.

    At any rate, check out what auth mechanism you're using on your private
    index, check that the docker host has access to the registry.

    For what it's worth, I use the docker module to work against my private
    registry, and it works without issue.

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CALKPxXiL-ZfSK4zp7kR-6ZQQrYb115AQbC49h3MND-eN-v6-4A%40mail.gmail.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CALKPxXiL-ZfSK4zp7kR-6ZQQrYb115AQbC49h3MND-eN-v6-4A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .