Hello,
I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can
scan from outside and
pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
I had followed the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9993128&postcount=37
And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the
terminal and
from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds
the Bluetooth UART device.

Rgs,
Kevin

  • Pavan Savoy at Dec 14, 2012 at 5:07 am
    Did you do that after you turned on the BT ?
    May be you need to run hciattach & bluetoothd to turn BT on.
    May be the device is not even running BlueZ. The best thing to do is to
    check init.<product>.rc for any BT related services.

    I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can
    scan from outside and
    pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
    I had followed the instructions here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9993128&postcount=37
    And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the
    terminal and
    from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

    Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds
    the Bluetooth UART device.

    Rgs,
    Kevin

    --Pavan Savoy

  • Kevin Wilson at Dec 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    Hi,
    BT is turned on.
    I can see from a remote laptop with bt support, and I can see the android
    phone.
    I have root access in the android device, and ps shows that bluettoth is
    running.
    Strange!
    Can somebody who has root access and has BT supported device check with If
    he has
    entries under:
    /sys/class/bluetooth/
    (I do not have)

    rgs,
    Kevin

    On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Kevin Wilson <wke...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can
    scan from outside and
    pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
    I had followed the instructions here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9993128&postcount=37
    And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the
    terminal and
    from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

    Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds
    the Bluetooth UART device.

    Rgs,
    Kevin

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform?hl=en.

    --
    --Pavan Savoy
  • Kevin Wilson at Dec 18, 2012 at 4:57 pm

    ls -al /dev/ttyS1
    gives me : No such file or directory

    So I tried:

    cat /init.rc | grep bluetooth | grep dev/tty
    and got:
    chown bluetooth bluetooth /dev/ttyHS0

    So I tried:
    hciattach /dev/ttyHS0 any 3840 0 flow
    It said:
    Device setup complete

    hconfig returned:

    hci0: Type: UART
    BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
    DOWN
    RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
    TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0

    And now there was an entry under /sys/class/bluetooth.

    I wonder why the address is all zeroes (even that it is down). Should it be
    so ?

    then
    hciconfig hci0 up
    And the phone get stuck. Recovery mode did not work. I had to take the
    battery out and insert it.

    Any ideas?

    What is the /dev/ttyHS0 for ? is it some generic Linux UART serial port?
    Or some generic Android UART serial port?

    rgs
    Kevin