Hi Guys

I installed an app on my rooted phone running cm7 and moved an app from
/data/app-private to /system/app. While it shows as installed I can't
uninstall it obviously and I can't find it in /system/app either to move
it back. The app is Vidcon by roman10 from market. Anyone have ideas on
how I might fix this prob?

James

  • Chris Stratton at Mar 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm
    /data/system/packages.xml is a text file which among other things lists the
    code path, ie apk location, for everything installed. adb pull it and
    examine on your pc with your favorite editor or grep.
    I installed an app on my rooted phone running cm7 and moved an app from
    /data/app-private to /system/app. While it shows as installed I can't
    uninstall it obviously and I can't find it in /system/app either to move
    it back. The app is Vidcon by roman10 from market. Anyone have ideas on
    how I might fix this prob?

    James
  • James at Mar 7, 2012 at 11:45 pm
    Hi Chris

    Thx. I can't use adb as my PC's OS is Ubuntu 11.10. However I did get to
    the file directly on the phone and view it in an editor.

    James
    /data/system/packages.xml is a text file which among other things
    lists the code path, ie apk location, for everything installed. adb
    pull it and examine on your pc with your favorite editor or grep.

    I installed an app on my rooted phone running cm7 and moved an app
    from
    /data/app-private to /system/app. While it shows as installed I can't
    uninstall it obviously and I can't find it in /system/app either
    to move
    it back. The app is Vidcon by roman10 from market. Anyone have
    ideas on
    how I might fix this prob?

    James

  • Chris Stratton at Mar 8, 2012 at 2:54 am
    Thx. I can't use adb as my PC's OS is Ubuntu 11.10. However I did get to
    the file directly on the phone and view it in an editor.
    That should not stop you from using adb, but I'm glad you solved your other
    problem.

  • David Cowden at Mar 8, 2012 at 5:53 am
    "can't use adb as my PC's OS is Ubuntu 11.10" -- ???

    You might need to do this:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html

    - David