I would like to show people which position I touched on the phone
screen by Android Application.

Every touch input must be sent background application, because I wan
to run some apps by touching app icon althouh my touch application is
still running.

I think I should use window manager to display the every cordination
on overlay, and check window manager can dispatch multi-touch event.

Pluse, I would like to log the cordination to check my touch device
still work well.

Do you guys really support this kinds of API?

Actually I founded a webpage related with awsome, but It's not enough
to make my application.

http://www.jawsware.mobi/code_OverlayView/

Maybe I have to change some code on Android Framework such as
android.view.WindowManager and android.view.MotionEvent.

  • Dianne Hackborn at Mar 6, 2012 at 3:10 am
    This only thing you can do is get an event for where it is first touched
    (not any of the moves or up) by setting the appropriate window flags.
    I would like to show people which position I touched on the phone
    screen by Android Application.

    Every touch input must be sent background application, because I wan
    to run some apps by touching app icon althouh my touch application is
    still running.

    I think I should use window manager to display the every cordination
    on overlay, and check window manager can dispatch multi-touch event.

    Pluse, I would like to log the cordination to check my touch device
    still work well.

    Do you guys really support this kinds of API?

    Actually I founded a webpage related with awsome, but It's not enough
    to make my application.

    http://www.jawsware.mobi/code_OverlayView/

    Maybe I have to change some code on Android Framework such as
    android.view.WindowManager and android.view.MotionEvent.

    Dianne Hackborn
    Android framework engineer
    hackbod@android.com

    provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails. All such
    answer them.

  • Drake J at Mar 7, 2012 at 1:45 am
    Thank you, Dianne!

    You must be saying *FLAG_WATCH_OUTSIDE_TOUCH*<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/WindowManager.LayoutParams.html#FLAG_WATCH_OUTSIDE_TOUCH> in
    WindowManager.LayoutParams.

    Would I change Android Framework to reach a goal?

    I should check WindowManager and MotionEvent in the Framework.

    May I get some tips, which part of WindowManager should be change if I
    rebuild Android Framework by myself?

  • Dianne Hackborn at Mar 7, 2012 at 3:00 am
    The system is really not designed for this. It is definitely not designed
    to be able to dispatch events to one window and, if that window doesn't
    consume them, continue dispatching to a window behind it.

    The mechanisms for this are not these days in the window manager, they are
    in the native input code.
    Would I change Android Framework to reach a goal?

    I should check WindowManager and MotionEvent in the Framework.

    May I get some tips, which part of WindowManager should be change if I
    rebuild Android Framework by myself?

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform?hl=en.