Hi Dear,

I wanna do something based on android-x86 project, so i need download the source code. So i follow the steps by http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode.
But i always get errors like detail in below.
warning: gpg (GnuPG) is not available.
warning: Installing it is strongly encouraged.

Getting repo ...
from git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: unable to connect to android.git.kernel.org:
android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused

Obviously, i know did't install gpg. But as i know the gpg validate is not necessary. Anybody can help me? My bigger thanks advanced.

PS: I do it on Macbook pro with Lion system.

Thanks,
Henry Hu

  • Jean-Baptiste Queru at Feb 28, 2012 at 4:02 pm
    You'll probably have better luck if you ask the android-x86
    maintainers directly, as it seems like their instructions are
    outdated.

    At a glance, I think that you're using an old version of the repo
    launcher, which tries to find its body in an old location that doesn't
    exist any longer.

    This might fix things:

    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo

    and re-start repo init from a clean directory.

    JBQ
    I wanna do something based on android-x86 project, so i need download the
    source code. So i follow the steps by
    http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode.
    But i always get errors like detail in below.
    warning: gpg (GnuPG) is not available.
    warning: Installing it is strongly encouraged.

    Getting repo ...
    from git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
    fatal: unable to connect to android.git.kernel.org:
    android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused

    Obviously, i know did't install gpg. But as i know the gpg validate is not
    necessary. Anybody can help me? My bigger thanks advanced.

    PS: I do it on Macbook pro with Lion system.

    Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

    warning.