Dear All,

I check the source code of toolbox, I am checking its Licence. It
mention that it is Android Licence which is similar to Apache and
BSD.
Will any body let me know what exactly it difference.
The reason I am asking is If I use the code of toolbox and want to
modify/ Add new commands then I need to share
this to community back ?

Thanks

  • Jean-Baptiste Queru at Feb 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm
    Do you have any specific file that you're worried about? While some
    files are missing some licensing information, all the licensing
    notices I can see seem to be true BSD or BSD-like.

    JBQ
    I check the source code of toolbox, I am checking its Licence. It
    mention that it is Android Licence which is similar to Apache and
    BSD.
    Will any body let me know what exactly it difference.
    The reason I am asking is If I use the code of toolbox and want to
    modify/ Add new commands then I need to share
    this to community back ?

    Thanks

    Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

    warning.

  • Conley Owens at Feb 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm
    I'm guessing you are talking about a copyright header that looks like
    the following:
    /*
    **
    ** Copyright (C) 2011, The Android Open Source Project
    **
    ** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    ** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    ** You may obtain a copy of the License at
    **
    ** http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    **
    ** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    ** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    ** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    ** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    ** limitations under the License.
    */

    This license being used here *is* the apache 2.0 license.

    Please see http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html for any
    needed clarification.

    ~cco3