Hello all:

I create some java files in a folder and create a makefile to
build them (output in /system/framework/), in actually, and my android
app can invoke this jar file correctly. but now, I want use the API
WakeLock in this jar, it need the permission
"android.permission.WAKE_LOCK", then, the question is how can I add
this permission in my jar file? I really do not want to add the <uses-
permission> tag in my app's manifest.

very thanks for your help!

  • Kristopher Micinski at Feb 18, 2012 at 4:20 am
    Generally you tell the person using the jar that they need to include
    the permissions in their app. You can check (in your library) whether
    or not you have the permission to make sure you don't accidentally
    crash the user's app, many libraries (admob, etc...) do this. (A big
    help would be to log something helpful to the logcat to tell the
    developer that they haven't done their job.)

    I haven't heard of a better way to do this, but maybe I've just missed
    something completely obvious,

    kris