I'm trying to follow the instructions here

http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/introduction/android_binary_package/O4A_SDK.html

with the file downloaded from here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/latest/download?source=files

to get the OpenCV library and samples working. I follow the steps exactly,
but all variables in
internal source and meta-data files in the form @<variable-name>@ do not
get expanded at any
point, e.g. even at Import step 2 "General->Existing projects into
workspace", I do not see

OpenCV Library - 2.4.3

instead, my Eclipse dialog shows

OpenCV Library -
@OPENCV_VERSION_MAJOR@.@OPENCV_VERSION_MINOR@.@OPENCV_VERSION_PATCH@

If I accept these values, there are many, many more errors, some to do with
other @@ variables not being expanded and others not. The projects seem to
confuse Eclipse, e.g. the viewer for AndroidManifest.xml cannot parse the
fields and does not recognise them as Android-specific, also it is not
possible to set any Android project properties because an error dialog pops
up saying it has 'invalid values' - the project.properties file is never
created.

The folder structure of the 'SDK Package' described in this guide under
General Items bears no resemblance to the folder structure contained in the
file I downloaded from SourceForge either.

Any help please ?

OpenSUSE 12.2 AMD64 + 32-bit libraries, Eclipse Classic 4.2.1(Juno) +
JDT3.8.1 + CDT8.1.1, ADK 20.0.3, NDK 8b2

  • Alexander Smorkalov at Nov 16, 2012 at 7:52 am
    Hello Haveasign,

    If you want to develop applications for Android you need OpenCV Android SDK
    package from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/opencv-android/. You
    download source package oriented on developing for Linux.

groupandroid-opencv @
categoriesandroid
postedNov 16, '12 at 7:04a
activeNov 16, '12 at 7:52a
websiteandroid.com

2 users in discussion

Haveasign: 1 post Alexander Smorkalov: 1 post