I'm running an Android app with OpenCV 2.4.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with
Android 2.3.3 and on another Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3.
Unfortunately on ICS the app is way slower than on 2.3 (about 3 fps instead
of 10 fps for both native and Java camera control).
I don't know if the camera control is the problem since frame rates are
approximately the same on both devices (up to 30 fps) without image
processing (just displaying).
I'm doing some feature detection (SURF), tracking (OpticalFlowPyrLK) and
matching (FlannBasedMatcher) on the native part of the app.
Does anyone know what could be the reason for the different frame rates on
different Android versions?

Thanks in advance.

Search Discussions

  • Andrey Pavlenko at May 31, 2012 at 7:18 am
    Check if on Android 4 you works with an image of the same size as on
    Android 2.3.
    No other ideas...
  • Katrin Lasinger at Jun 1, 2012 at 7:36 am
    The images have the same size on both devices. I also tried smaller images
    on Android 4, but it didn't help.
    Did no one else encounter such problems?