Just wanted to know before I dive into this field.

Is it possible to send video frames from an opencv program on windows to a
Samsung android tab and visualize it there?

Thanks in advance !

Search Discussions

  • Kirill Kornyakov at May 3, 2012 at 11:03 am
    Yes it is possible, but it doesn't relate to OpenCV. In fact you should
    create a socket connection and send image via network. But you will
    be disappointed with the FPS (number of frames per second), especially if
    your resolution is high. You can also encode video in realtime and send
    compressed packets, but this is true hacking :) I've just heard that
    somebody did this, but you can spend several weeks here...
    Just wanted to know before I dive into this field.

    Is it possible to send video frames from an opencv program on windows to a
    Samsung android tab and visualize it there?

    Thanks in advance !

groupandroid-opencv @
categoriesandroid
postedApr 19, '12 at 5:23p
activeMay 3, '12 at 11:03a
websiteandroid.com

2 users in discussion

Kirill Kornyakov: 1 post Muktoshuvro: 1 post