Hello,

My project ID got whitelisted recently. And I have implemented the server
side code for CCS using Java and Smack library.

I am able to send message from my server to the device by using the
Registration id of a device and have also received ACK from GCM server.

But the problem is while sending the message from Device to server. Thought
the server has logged in to GCM, I don't think the message sent from device
is reaching the server. I have used the same project id in both my client
and server side code.
The client side code does not throw any error or receive any ACK or NACK
from GCM server. It just sends the message and thats it, it is never
reaching my CCS server code.

My client side code using gcm.send(GCM_SENDER_ID + "@gcm.googleapis.com",
id, GCM_TIME_TO_LIVE, data); to send message to the server.

Did anyone face similar issue? Please provide your suggestions on resolving
the issue.

Thanks,
Kishore

  • Devwrat Lad at May 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm
    hello,

    I am also working on a CCS implementation on GCM server. I am not able to
    receive anything after deploying on google app engine. Are you receiving
    ACK after deploying on google app engine when you mentioned it in this:
    "I am able to send message from my server to the device by using the
    Registration id of a device and have also received ACK from GCM server. "
    I am looking for any and every help / hint I can find. I would like o know
    how you are receiving ACK after deploying on google app engine.
    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks!

[...]

  • Krishna Kishore k at May 2, 2014 at 10:02 am
    Hi,

    I am using the server side implementation code given in the below site.

    http://www.grokkingandroid.com/xmpp-server-google-cloud-messaging/

    Also I am using by own Tomcat server to deploy the application. Use the
    debug mode enabled option to see if it is connecting properly or not.

    You can even debug from your localhost in eclipse and even localhost can
    receive ack and nack messages. So test it out on localhost first and then
    move it to App engine.

    Thanks,
    Kris

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-gcm/b2d1edb0-241c-4a70-b94b-088333f3d8ab%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-gcm/b2d1edb0-241c-4a70-b94b-088333f3d8ab%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .